Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Boys Scout's Lesson

I recently became sick and it was that worse that I thought I would stay in the hospital for a couple of days but when the doctor gave me that 'shot' through direct IV, I somehow felt a little better and decided to just stay home instead. I never told any of my relatives because I don't really want them to worry. I know that I'd be fine but one of my favorite uncle (my mom's brother) suddenly sent me a text message which was really sweet. It was something that he learned when he was a member of the boy scouts.

'Thank God. Nice to hear that. One thing I learned about duties when I joined the boy scouts during my elementary years: duty to self, duty to others, duty to country, duty to God. Duty to self is intrinsic. After all self-preservation is the first law of nature. But for people who have been raised to look after the welfare of others - like you - sometimes the self is relegated. Take care of yourself always. We are more effective influence to others when we are in good health. God bless.' (Sent last April 29, 2012, 7:59am) 

No comments:

Post a Comment