Thursday, September 22, 2011

Debosyon


The image of the Divino Rostro (a picture of Jesus' face) is usually processed before the Holy image of INA is transferred from the Penafrancia Shrine to the Cathedral. The image was believed to be miraculous and  that early devotees even witnessed the image sweating blood. I was very privilege to have an opportunity to witness how the Bicolanos revere the holy image. It was the first time for me to stay for the entire duration of the procession. I felt it in my heart that I had to wait for INA to pass by and I did not regret it. Every rainfall, every struggle trying to protect the newly bought camera of my brother and every tiring muscle that's driving me to just stay home and watch the procession was really worth it. Never in my life have I witnessed such beauty, such devotion and the love of the Bicolanos to the Divino Rostro and our Lady of Penafrancia.

No comments:

Post a Comment