Today was my first time to worship in Hope Church Singapore (thanks to Achi Deejay and Kuya Marlon for bringing me to Hope). The Church is quite far from our place. I have to ride the LRT line going to Choa Chu Kang, then I have to transfer to the green line as soon I get off from Jurong East then I have to get off at Lavender station.
From Lavender station, we had to walk 600 meters to reach the building, Textile Center. The Church is situated at the fourth floor, where the Axis Auditorium is located. When we got there, a number of people where crowding at the elevator. We decided to take the escalator instead. We were attending the 3:00pm service.
Hope Church has two schedules of worship service for Filipinos, the first is at 3pm and the other is at 6pm. They also have a simultaneous Filipino Youth (Ignite) service at 3:00pm which is located at Connect 802. They also have the usual Sunday School for Kids at 10am and 3:00pm.
Attending a worship service in Hope Church is really one of a kind. The moment that you entered the Axis Auditorium, you'd feel different. Perhaps the grandiosity of the place could contribute to such feeling but the moment that the praise and worship team starts singing, tears will just start rolling from your eyes.
This is what I love with the Christian Church. The songs feel like it was personally written for you, it feels like these are the words of God. When the singing started, the place felt very holy. It gave me goosebumps too, but in a good way.
Then Pastor Christie Ong started with her preaching. She was very natural, she was very comfortable speaking to the people. Her sermon was very inspiring and moving. She talked about being a REAL MAN. How a real man fights to keep his family and how a real man draws out the inner beauty of a woman.
What was overwhelming was that Pastor Christie prayed over those who were new to the church, the jobless and those who were experiencing difficulties with their family. I felt that God was subtly whispering with a smile 'Tin, I am glad you came'. Yes Lord, I was even overwhelmed.
I am definitely going back there. It's like my soul has been filled and I need to refilled every week. The experience made me feel like there is nothing that I should worry about because God is with me. I just need to trust Him.
Lord, thank you for the people who brought me to Hope. Thank you for allowing me to experience your great love, to listen to your words and to be moved by it. I am forever grateful for all the blessings that you have given me. Indeed, I cannot love you more than you have loved me. I ask for favor that you will continue to be with me in all of my endeavours. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment