Friday, April 6, 2012

Birthday Bliss



26 years. The Lord has blessed with 26 meaningful years.

April 5, 2012 , Maundy Thursday

I am used to celebrating my birthday on a holy week. Ever since I was a kid, when my birthday falls on a holy week, we would usually celebrate my birthday on my kuya's birthday or on the nearest sunday. By the way, just a trivia, my brother and I are of the same age for four days, he was born April 9, 1985. Sometimes, I would jokingly state that I am not obliged to call him 'kuya' until he celebrates his birthday.

Anyhow, this year, I just stayed at home but I had the nicest breakfast ever. I literally woke up at 6:05am, I took a screenshot of the time on my phone for documentation (lazy excuse! I just love how the smiling star brightens up my morning) and Tim prepared pancit canton (my all-time fave!) and cheesedogs for breakfast.



In the afternoon, we went to Amang Hinulid, a usual Lenten season 'panata' that we do. Tim joined me, my mom and kuya going there. We left the house at 5:00pm and arrived there at around 6:30pm. This was the first time that we went late at Calabanga because usually mama and I would go there by 2:00pm.



When we arrived, the line going to Amang Hinulid was too long that it took us almost 3 hours to reach the image. It was worth the walk and the wait.
After that, we went straight to Auntie Dhing's house for our dinner. She prepared a special meal for us that I even thanked her for allowing me to celebrate my birthday at their house :)) The next I knew, we were racing towards the Calabanga-Naga jeepneys. I never imagined girls riding on top of the jeepney, I don't know what it's called but they're sitting on 'roofdeck' of the jeepney. It's quite dangerous and yes, they are still girls. I don't know but it could be a way for the jeepney drivers to earn more, they really know how to maximize the opportunity.

I hope that in my next blog, I can come up with a new set of bucket list or a list of memorable blessings that I am really thankful of. Nevertheless, I thank God for giving me another year to be wiser, kinder and become a more faithful servant to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment